Josephs.ScotBorowiak Properties Ltd
Cookies on the website

The Novemedia Ltd use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites if you visit a page which contains embedded content from social media. Such third party cookies may track your use of the TrafficBan website. If you continue without changing your settings, we\'ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the TrafficBan website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.

OK - Truck traffic bans in Europe

Traffic bans for trucks in Europe


UK is introducing new regulations, also for Polish carriers

From January 31, the UK will require an export health certificate (EHC). The requirement applies to mainly to live animals or animal products, but also to plants, fruit and vegetables.

The UK has repeatedly delayed introducing of customs checks on high-risk food imported from the EU. It has now been confirmed that from January 31, certain products from the EU, other EEA countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and the Faroe Islands, Greenland and Switzerland can continue to imported into the UK, provided they have received export health certificates (EHC).

“Brexit has complicated procedures for transporting goods, so it is necessary to follow changes in British law that affect exporters and importers from the EU, including Poland. The current certification procedure is the first step, which will be followed by physical inspections of food imported to the UK. This will require additional time spent at the border”, says Joanna Porath, owner of the AC Porath customs agency, specializing in customs services for the British market.

Health certificates

The biggest change concerna animal products. Health certificates will be required for meat products and any raw milk-based products.
“According to revised customs procedures introduced by the UK, all imported meat and dairy products require prior notification, and only heat-treated dairy products will not require a health certificate. According to other regulations, which are still in effect, imported animals and plants for planting always require health certificates and are subject to inspection”, says Steve Cock, Director of Customs Consultancy The Custom House Ltd.

As regards, fruit and vegetables from the EU, checks will be conducted depending on the risk category. i.e. low, medium and high. In most cases, they will not have to comply with UK trading standards or plant health regulations. However, the British government encourages carriers to check which goods imported into the UK will be subject to inspection. A detailed list of suchgoods can be found on the following pages:

TOM risk categorisations ⬅

Import risk categories for animal and animal product imports from the EU to Great Britain ⬅

Novemedia Ltd
2024 Novemedia Ltd, all rights reserved. logotype is registered trademark of Novemedia Ltd