The ban has been introduced as a result of heatwave warnings issued by the National Meteorological Administration.
The driving ban for vehicles with a maximum authorised mass of over 7.5 tons is in effect from 29 to 31 July, between 12.00 and 8.00 p.m. across the entire road network, with the exception of the counties of Harghita, Neamt, Suceava and Botosani.
The measure is intended to protect road sections with bituminous surfaces from serious irreversible deformations (that could result in the loss of road stability), which may occur as a result of heavy traffic in hot weather.
The ban does not apply to:
• passenger transport;
• transport of live animals and perishable animal and vegetable products;
• vehicles involved in interventions associated with force majeure events;
• funeral transports;
• postal transports;
• transports of first aid equipment;
• fuel distribution transport;
• transport of goods at controlled temperature;
• transports involving towing damaged vehicles;
• transports related to the distribution of water and food in areas affected by a natural disaster;
• transports involving specialized vehicles used in the construction of sanitary facilities;
• transport of bottled water;
• transport of farm products;
• military transports taking part in international exercises.